All content on ROKKYUU.COM are for your personal educational and/or entertainment use only, and are subject to change at any time.
Disclaimer of Warranty
ROKKYUU Magazine makes no express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements with respect to ROKKYUU.COM, its services, or its content. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind. We do not warrant that the services provided by ROKKYUU.COM will be uninterrupted, secure, or error-free, nor do we guarantee the accuracy or completeness of our content, or of the future correction of any errors in our website. You acknowledge that any errors you discover in our site expressly exclude our liability to the fullest extent permitted by law. As such, your use of our website is entirely at your own risk, for which we cannot be held liable. ROKKYUU.COM and its services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. If you use our site from locations outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
Limitation of Liability
In no case shall ROKKYUU Magazine be held liable for any losses, claims, damages or injuries of any kind (including but not limited to direct, consequential, exemplary, incidental, and indirect damages), even if ROKKYUU Magazine has been advised of the possibility of such damages occurring. If you do not agree with these terms, it is at your sole and exclusive remedy to discontinue the use of this website. Some of the above limitations of liability may not apply to you, depending on your state of origin. In such states, ROKKYUU Magazine’s limitations are excluded to the greatest extent permitted by law, but shall in no event exceed the amount you paid in a transaction with ROKKYUU Magazine, if any.
User Conduct Policy
You agree to use ROKKYUU.COM lawfully, refrain from committing any actions that might compromise our security or render our website inaccessible to others, or to otherwise cause damage to our website. Furthermore, you agree to refrain from committing actions that interferes with the rights of third parties while visiting our website. You agree not to attempt to access or modify content for which you have no user credentials or authorization.
The following types behavior qualifies as “bad user conduct” and is prohibited when commenting on articles at ROKKYUU.COM. While we reserve the right to delete any comments from ROKKYUU.COM at our sole discretion, users whose conduct meets the following criteria are subject to immediate deletion without prior warning:
- Harassment, defamation, libel, and threats.
- Intentionally false or misleading statements.
- Unauthorized advertisements for products or services.
- Content that knowingly infringes on the copyright of others.
- Confidential or unlawful information.
If you register to become a subscriber of ROKKYUU.COM, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your subscriber account, such as your password. It is your responsibility to restrict access to your computer so as to protect your privacy. To this end, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your subscriber account.
This website, its content, and source code (with the exception of source code containing open-source licenses) are protected by U.S. and/or foreign copyright laws and are the exclusive intellectual property of ROKKYUU Magazine, with the exception of content owned by other copyright owners, such as authors, who have authorized the use of their content on our website, or content licensed by other authors and/or photographers to us via the Creative Commons. No grant of rights is transferred to you, of any kind, whether as a result of downloading our content or otherwise.
We believe in the copyleft movement, and support the dissemination of knowledge in an honest, reasonable, and responsible manner. We are appreciative of dissemination of our content that abides by the principles of the Fair Use Doctrine and encourage criticism of our content via reposted excerpts with appropriate attribution. Though our content is not provided to you under a Creative Commons license because of our contractual agreements with our authors, we permit you to copy and distribute our content under the following conditions:
- Print Redistribution. You may print pages of ROKKYUU.COM for personal use or dissemination in an educational institution without prior written approval, as long as the content appears unedited, and you do not remove any attributions, such as author or photographer credits, or the logo, title, and full URL to the article on ROKKYUU.COM. For the protection of our authors and photographers, printed commercial use of our content is expressly forbidden.
- Digital Redistribution. You may copy content on ROKKYUU.COM to your computer or other electronic device for non-commercial, non-public, and personal use without prior written approval. If you wish to repost an excerpt of content from our website on your website or in a domain other than ROKKYUU.COM, your posting of our content must abide by the following conditions:
- The content must not be modified beyond fair use.
- The content must contain all original attributions, such as authors/credits.
- ROKKYUU Magazine must be identified as the content provider.
- The content may not appear in full. For images, this means creating a reduced-size version of the image to host on your server, and for articles, this means posting only an excerpt, the length of which does not exceed fair use.
If you believe we have published content on our website that infringes your copyright and we agree that the content in question does not fall under the Fair Use Doctrine, we will remove said content from our website. We will respond only to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The text of the Act can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://lcWeb.loc.gov/copyright/.
To file a notice of infringement, send written communication (whether by email in the form of a signed PDF, or by regular mail), which provides the following information:
- The URL of each infringing piece of material.
- Your contact information.
- Proof of registration under the DMCA or evidence to support your claim.
Links to External Websites
We may link to websites using referrals or affiliate links, but such links are provided for your convenience and as an added source of advertising revenue for ROKKYUU.COM and should not be seen as an endorsement of any information contained therein.
Linking to ROKKYUU.COM
You may link to ROKKYUU.COM from your website, but without our express permission, we do not endorse your link to our website, and hereby disclaim any implied association between your website and our own. We do not permit hotlinking to resources on our server, for whatever reason, even if such hotlinks are attributed, in the interests of bandwidth conservation. Furthermore, you may not “deep link” to resources on our server in an attempt to mirror or frame any pages in our website.
Downloading Files from ROKKYUU.COM
While ROKKYUU.COM will make good-faith efforts within reason to ensure that files downloaded from our server are free from viruses, spyware and other malicious software, we do not warrant or guarantee that our files are free from infection.
Proposals for Manuscripts and Articles
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for writing an article or would like to work for ROKKYUU Magazine as a freelancer, please fill out our Staff Application or send an application to ROKKYUU Magazine’s physical mailing address. Proposals sent in this way are held in confidence with our editorial staff and will not be published except through a contractual agreement with the author. All other information you submit to ROKKYUU Magazine will be deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary, and subject to the Solicited and Unsolicited Content terms set forth below.
Content, including but not limited to articles, photographs, or comments submitted to ROKKYUU Magazine for inclusion on its website (in any form, printed or electronic) is subject to the following conditions. Such content is hereafter known as the “Submission.”
- Grant of Rights. Under United States copyright law, you retain the copyright of the Submission, and hereby grant ROKKYUU Magazine nonexclusive worldwide rights to (i) print, publish, reproduce, transmit, distribute, perform or display your Submission in print or on microfilm, microfiche, CD‐ROM, electronic or computerized databases, the Internet, any website maintained by ROKKYUU Magazine, and any other archival system or medium now existing or hereafter developed; (ii) reproduce or distribute the Submission in audio form; (iv) make or grant to others the permission to make reprints or photocopies of the Submission in any or all media; (v) syndicate and sublicense the Submission; and (vi) use the Submission to promote or publicize ROKKYUU Magazine including the right to use your name, image, and biographical data in such promotions without additional charge, for the life of the copyright. All other rights belong to you.
- Modification. You grant ROKKYUU Magazine permission to edit, modify, abridge, revise, translate, entitle, and adapt the Submission, and/or translate the Submission to prepare the Submission for publication.
- Compensation. You agree that ROKKYUU Magazine owes you no compensation for the rights granted to it under the Grant of Rights.
Any unsolicited ideas you submit to ROKKYUU Magazine, whether by mail or electronically (with the exception of printed or electronic manuscripts you send for publishing consideration) automatically becomes the property of ROKKYUU Magazine, without any compensation to you. Furthermore, you agree that ROKKYUU Magazine bears no obligation of confidentiality and may choose not to respond to you in any way. We reserve the right to reproduce such unsolicited content, in whole or in part, on ROKKYUU.COM.
We welcome syndication of RSS feeds of our content, provided that the syndicator abides by the following terms:
- Do not in any way alter the content within the feed, such as remove links or any attributions (e.g., authors or credits) from the feed items, or hide elements of the feed, edit the text or images, or add content such as advertisements.
- ROKKYUU Magazine must be clearly identified as the content provider and must appear on each and every page displaying content from our site, with a link pointing back to http://www.rokkyuu.com.
- “More” links pointing back to the full article on our website must be provided after every item in the RSS feed and may not be removed.
- You may not splice or otherwise redistribute our feeds through third party RSS providers.